Saturday, October 15, 2011

We Have Take-Off!

Departure & Flight: Vancouver to Guangzhou

Morning flight out of YVR. I can't even remember the last time I left the country via the YVR airport. Well, I am sure I could if I tried.

The international departure terminal is really pretty now, further proof it's been quite a few years since I've flown out of Vancouver to anywhere outside of North America. Early check-ins are a snore. I didn't bring a book, but I pick up a magazine (incidentally, probably the last issue Taylor Tomasi Hill worked on for Marie Claire). Instead of reading it, I take photos of the plane and Elton.

11:29am - Getting ready to board!

12:54pm - Writing complaints in my sketchbook (which will be my physical journal for the trip): The plane took forever to take off due to the apparent undying flow of luggage. Having to stay in my seat for way longer than planned meant a serious need to empty the ol' bladder. Lunch served way past 1pm and I was not given a choice of meal. Mixture of sadness and anger.

06:01pm - Flying over the Gulf of Selekhova

Wishing I had brought some snacks with me so I don't have to suffer through the smell of people eating instant noodles. Where is dinner?!

We flew over Siberia earlier when they had dimmed the lights and asked everyone to pull their shutters down. It was beautiful to see nothing but miles and miles of ice though, so fuck everyone else who is napping: I'mma take some pictures!

09:06pm - Fell asleep for an hour before they finally served dinner at 8pm.

My headphone jack's broken! I randomly (and constantly) creep the screen of the dude sitting in the row in front, which, if you think about it, makes little sense. I have no sound either way, so why not watch my own monitor? Logic: there is none on flights. Oh, and subtitles are in Chinese, which is good practice.

09:27pm - Nearing Harbin and cursing the couple snuggling in the two seats in front of me.

09:55pm - Nearing ChangChun and burping up the mango cheesecake I had for dessert. Getting increasingly antsy to just land already!

No comments:

Post a Comment